How To Clean Your Vents On An Air Conditioner?
HVAC systems play a prominent role in maintaining the airflow in high-rise buildings, homes, and commercial buildings. There should be a flow between the indoor air and outdoor air to ensure the dust, bacteria, and allergy-causing material does not stay inside the building.
It becomes essential to keep the HVAC systems clean and tidy so they do not contribute to increasing the pollution levels inside the building. If you are looking for ways to keep your AC system neat, our AC service in Sarasota, FL, maintains your AC system.
Tips to Keep the Air Conditioning System in Good Condition
Here are some expert tips that will keep your AC system clean and extend the system’s life as well:
- Replace the air filter annually at the beginning of the summer season.
- Clean the condenser fins using a soft-bristle brush.
- Use a mild condenser cleaning agent to clean the coils.
- Check the condensate drainage pipe for any blockage signs.
- Clean it if there is any blockage, and pour a spoonful of baking soda and a cup of vinegar down the drain to prevent clogging in the future.
- Clean the AC vents appropriately.
A Quick Guide to Cleaning the Air Conditioning Vents
The AC vents are mandatory to clean as most of the dust and dirt enter the interiors through the vents. Loads of dust and dirt settle on the AC vent surface and may lead to expensive repairs if the dust blocks the vents.
Here is a quick guide from our AC maintenance in Sarasota to clean the AC vents:
- Switch the AC system from all the power sources and circuit breakers.
- Remove the AC vents by pulling them out or using a screwdriver to take them out.
- Put the vacuum system inside the duct and clean it. Ensure to clean the surrounding area thoroughly and not the entire AC duct.
- Use a hand duster or cloth to remove the dust from the AC vents. Our AC service in Sarasota, FL, will recommend dusting it off in a garbage bag to ensure the dust does not spread into the entire environment.
- Mix a small quantity of dish soap in mildly warm water in a bucket and ensure it has enough lather. Dip your AC vents in the soap solution for 15 minutes.
- Dry the vents with a dry and clean cloth.
- Now, you can put them back and switch on the AC system.
How Often Should you Clean the Air Conditioning System Vents?
Experts of AC repair in Sarasota suggest that if you do not want to spend your money on expensive repairs, follow a cleaning routine on a monthly basis. It is best to replace the air filter annually, but you need to replace it once every three months if you have a heat pump. Clean once a month, and clean the AC system.
Technicians Can Keep Your System up to Date
Call the AC technician for AC maintenance in Sarasota to inspect and tune up the AC system. A little maintenance in your AC system ensures it works accurately for a long time. Call Air Comfort Heating and Cooling Services at (941)-355-4444 if there is any issue with the AC system operation.