How often do AC units need to be serviced?
How Often Do AC Units Need To Be Serviced?
Air conditioners, regardless of quality, eventually need regular maintenance. Not having regular AC service can clog it with dirt and break down completely in the long run. You can extend the life of your air conditioner and reduce your monthly cooling bills with regular service.
Air conditioners protect against too much heat and humidity, which may reduce efficiency and shorten their lifespan. Regular air conditioner maintenance is often overlooked because many homeowners either don’t realize its importance or are unaware of the recommended maintenance intervals.
Common AC Service Signs
These are some warning indicators that you should not ignore before your air conditioner completely breaks down:
- There is no cold air coming from the unit
- A rise in your energy costs
- More condensation or leaks
- Making weird noises or getting too loud
- Giving off an unpleasant odor
- Dust in your house
- Uneven temperature
Regular air conditioner maintenance can help you deal with repairs and services before air conditioning seasons.
When Is The Best Time For AC Service?
Professional maintenance on your air conditioner is recommended once a year. It’s best to get your yearly checkup done in the spring, before summer. Summer is when your air conditioner is tested, so as spring gives way to summer’s heat, it’s essential to give it a once-over. It ensures that it’s clean, in good condition, and performing optimally.
If you use your AC quite often, your air conditioner should be serviced twice a year, in the fall and spring. If you use it every day, scheduling maintenance at least three times a year could be beneficial. In case you only use it occasionally, or during the summer, annual maintenance is recommended.
Why should You Call A Professional AC Service?
Here are some of the perks of hiring a professional for AC service:
- Quick Service: Hiring a pro is the quickest and most convenient way to fix your AC. However, if you hire an inexperienced technician or try to fix the AC on your own, you may not only waste time but also risk not fixing the issue.
- Experience: If you hire someone who has little experience fixing air conditioners, they may cause additional issues in the long run. You won’t have to worry about being in pain or discomfort again soon if you get professional help for your situation.
- Right Tools: Air conditioning units occasionally need AC repairs because a part has worn out or broken. When you hire a professional AC service, they will already have the right tools and components needed to repair it.
- Insurance: If something goes wrong while a licensed and insured professional is fixing your air conditioner, you won’t have to worry about footing the bill.
Call The Best HVAC Technicians For AC Servicing
Our licensed technicians are available to repair any brand of commercially installed air conditioning system. Call us at (941) 355-4444 for more information.