How long should a central air conditioner last in Florida?
How Long Should A Central Air Conditioner Last In Florida?
The energy efficiency of a central air conditioner is higher than that of a window unit. Switching to a central air conditioner that uses less power and buying an energy-efficient air conditioner are good ways to cut costs and carbon emissions.
Your central air conditioner has a finite lifespan regardless of the quality or brand name. Your unit will last longer, be more reliable, and operate more efficiently if you take good care of it with central air conditioner repair in Florida.
The Lifespan Of A Central AC
A central air conditioner will typically last between 15 and 20 years. Even if well-maintained, some components may fail after only ten years of use, while others may go 30 years without requiring any maintenance.
When your central air conditioner reaches a certain age, or you have to pay for at least one major repair per year, it’s time to start thinking about central air conditioner repair in Florida.
Most HVAC technicians agree that you should replace an old system with a newer, more energy-efficient model. Even if the outlay exceeds anticipated, you will likely save cash in the long run by taking this step.
Factors Affecting Your Central AC's Lifespan
- Proper Installation: Having a professional inspect the ductwork leading to and from your air conditioner can ensure it is the right size and design. The system’s efficiency will suffer and eventually fail if the unit is installed improperly. If you want your air conditioner to last as long as possible, you should have it professionally installed.
- Level Of Upkeep: As part of the maintenance process, the experts examine, clean, and fine-tune any parts that may require it. You can extend the life of your system by addressing any problems that have arisen. If you keep up with routine maintenance, you can put off the repairs needed on your central air conditioner.
- Unit Size: Air conditioner efficiency is dependent on factors such as correct sizing and installation. Humidity removal performance declines as unit size increases. On the hottest days, a unit that is too small will not be able to cool the space adequately.
How To Prolong Your Unit's Life?
- Clean Vents: Ensure that nothing is blocking the air vents in your home. A disruption in airflow from even one blocked vent can affect the performance of the entire air conditioning system.
- Clear Outdoor Unit: It’s common for outdoor air conditioners to get soiled or obscured by debris and plants. It also makes the air conditioner work harder. Avoid setting anything on top of or leaning against it.
- Insulate Air Ducts: Leaky air conditioning ducts are responsible for cooling loss in the average home. Having an HVAC technician seal and insulate your air ducts can help reduce your cooling costs.
Call The Best HVAC Services
Call Air Comfort Services LLC if you have any questions or want to set up an appointment for central air conditioner repair in Florida. Our trained professionals guarantee quality air conditioning service. To know more, ring us at (941) 355-4444.